Pop-up shops are a new trend in retail. Here are 10 reasons to start up your own:
1. Pop-up shops are hot. Consumer want new things. Pop-up stores are temporary and therefore exclusive. Time is short if you want to visit these unique and temporary shops.
2. Cross-channel is the new black. Selling online is a growing market, but consumer still want to taste, feel and experience a brand before buying online. An e-retailer will sell significantly more if he pops-up at regular time to meet an even bigger clientele.
3. Get seen. Starting a pop-up shop will allow you to reach an entirely new group of customers without the risk of opening a brick-and-mortar store. It enables you to be exactly in those areas where your customers are in that time of the year. At the beach for instance in summer time or in a ski station in winter.
4. Test new markets. A temporary store is cheap and very effective way to test an area. Setting up a pop-up is cost efficient and in a few weeks time you will get a fairly good idea on the assets of the area. You may want to stay there with a brick-and-mortar store or can decide to test another location first.
5. Local shopping is flourishing. People are shopping locally! Start a pop-up store and build a better relationship with the people that shop in your area. Open extra shop location for a limited time and multiple your sales.
6. Big retailers are hosting. You don’t have to lease a classic shop for your pop-up store. Brands are also using a store-within-a-store model and revamp their merchandise selection by partnering with other smaller retailers. Pop-up shops offer big brands a unique experience for their customer.
7. Sell limited-time inventory. Didn’t sell all of last seasons t-shirts? Starting a pop-up shop can help promote “limited-time” products. Also- try new pricing strategies. Find out in your pop-up stores.
8. Try a new business idea. Meet with potential investors, create buzz and launch your brand. Release butterflies. Make blue lemonade. Make cotton candy unicorns. Try it and see what people think!
9. Develop a more engaging retail experience. Consumers want new and extraordanary experience while shopping. One option is pop-ups- a unique way to reach out to consumers and give them a very different view of your brand. Make your pop-ups a special, limited concept stores, places to be in the city.
10. It pays off much more than classical advertising campaigns. Pop-ups benefit from free word-of-mouth communication. If the concept is right, you get masses of free publicity by customers and press who talk about it. Much cheaper and much more effective than a standard advertising campaign. What are you waiting for?